- Client: Sydney Solar Bright
- Date: 27/07/2013
- Category: Integrated [Multi Solution]
A residential and commercial products marketing company in Sydney West with over 12 permanent staff wanted to reduce their electricity bill reduced as they were paying on an average of $1,100 per quarter
The task given to Solar Bright was to positively impact the workplace environment and reduce the greenhouse gas emissions and electricity bill.
Project Tasks Identified
- Reduce the $4,500 p.a. electricity bill down to manageable levels.
- Increase the use of natural daylight into the office and warehouse complex to enhance the natural work enviroment.
The Solutions Provided
Solar Bright conducted a Carbon Management study and worked out the following solutions:
- Change the normal lights and tube lights to energy efficient LED lights and down lights.
- Add a number of energy efficient skylights in the board room, kitchen & toilets to bring the natural light and practically eliminated the need for electric lights in those areas.
- To install a 18kw solar PV system to make the company more self-sufficient. We based this on the assumption that 60% of the solar energy generated, would be used up during office hours.