This magnificent Church had the challenge in front of it to bring down its energy cost which had risen to 57,760kwh or $14,295 in 2013
Factory & Warehouse Case Study
Church Case Study
St Bishoy built in Mt. Druitt traces its history back to Friday the twenty fourth of January 1969 at six o’clock in the morning, when Major Edward Labib Nematalla Australia’s First Coptic Orthodox Priest arrived in Sydney to set up the church. This magnificent Church was consecrated by His Holiness Pope Shenouda the third on Sunday, the twenty sixth of November 1989.
The church had the challenge in front of it to bring down its energy cost which had risen to 57,760kwh or $14,295 in 2013 and use the savings for more community projects. The task was given to Solar Bright to suggest a solution.
Project Tasks Identified:
- Based on the roof area the church could install a roof-mounted solar PV system.
- The use of the latest generation of panels with higher efficiency could generate over 20 to 25%
- Would result in savings of over $4,000 for the church.
The Solutions Provided
- SolarBright analysed the energy consumption pattern for last 365 days mapped it on their special software.
- Site inspections and roof suitability including roof stress calculations were done.
- Solar Bright installs a 50kW solar PV system using high-efficiency panels and inverters suggested to maximise generation for the next 25 years.