An affordable step towards Solar Hot Water, perfect for upgrading from an electric system
Solar Powered Hot Water Pump
Why Heat Pump Technology Is The New Energy Efficient Choice For Hot Water
And How They Work
Traditionally, solar water heaters have proven themselves to be an energy efficient renewable water heating alternative to gas and electric systems. While solar systems are still an efficient way to heat water, solar powered water pumps save equivalent amounts of energy and greenhouse gas emissions to electric boosted solar systems, yet are relatively more cost effective to purchase. Solar hot water pumps have evolved to be able to provide the following unique advantages:
- Relatively low cost to purchase and install
- Easy, ‘same day’ replacement
- Frost protected
- Safe, as water temperature is electronically controlled
- Doesn’t require roof mounted panels, which reduces the structural load on your roof and increases the aesthetic value to your property
- They work day and night, as they don’t rely on daylight to operate 100%
Rheem MPi Heat Pump Hot Water System
The Rheem MPi Series Heat Pump is suitable for moderate – warm climates and average size families. Makes an ideal replacement for an electric water heater.
- 325L Tank capacity is suitable for 2-5 people
- RheemPlus® models available – maximum temperature of 50°C so you can be sure turning on the tap is safer for everyone in the family
- Fitting locations make it an ideal replacement for an electric water heater
- Back up electric element ensures hot water on the coldest of winter nights (depending on whether you have a continuous tariff or extended off peak (min. 16 hrs per day)
- Ground level heating module ensures quiet operation
- Cuts energy use, when replacing an electric hot water system
- 5 year limited warranty.
- The impact on your electricity account will depend on the tariff arrangement with your provider, therefore we recommend you consult your energy provider for more information on cost comparisons & your tariff, before you purchase.